Monday 22 September 2014

Lamb Cutlets



Today, at childcare, kids were asked about the kinds of food they eat at home.
You have probably got the idea that I am reasonably intent on providing pretty healthy stuff for the kids. Treats are an exception rather than the rule. So you can imagine how I felt when the teacher said, with a laugh, that my son had said that "junk food is his favourite, even though it makes him sick." Ah dear.

Tonight, they're having one of our dinner favourites. This is a stove top to table dinner in under ten minutes. 

I boik chunky sweet potato "chips" (skin on for added fibre), and while that's cooking, I fry the lamb cutlets in macadamia oil for about 4 minutes each side. Then, I add greens (torn kale) and balsamic vinegar. Remove from pan, add prunes and water, reduce at high heat while you serve it up then drizzle the prune jus over the lamb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment