Thursday 30 July 2015

Marrow: Wonder Food.


So. It turns out... my kids love bone marrow. Yes. They love it. To the point where they were fighting over the very last morsel. I must admit, as a child, I too found this delicacy irresistible. It was only as I grew up and learned about animals and the provenance of bones that I let the ewww factor outweigh everything else.

Bone marrow is super, mega, logic-defyingly rich in nutrition, including Vitamin A, iron, zinc, selenium, magnesium, manganese and calcium - to name a few.

I would never have thought to try the kids on marrow, except that we've had my mum visiting. Yes, she who introduced me to this glorious food in my childhood. Not only is she super-nanny with the kids, and a huge help and source of entertainment to me when she comes to stay, she kicks me out of the kitchen and takes over meals. And they're amazing. She left this lovely stew for us - with marrow-filled bones and all. And now, I can safely say, I won't be turning back.


No comments:

Post a Comment